About Small Enterprise Finance Agency
SEFA Small Enterprises Finance Agency works to provide financial products and services to SMME’s and co-operatives.
SEFA is an agency that is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Industrial Development Corporation.
We lend directly to different sectors such as
- Services- which includes retail & wholesale trades and tourism
- Manufacturing- which also includes agro-processing
- Agriculture-focusing more on land reform beneficiaries and contract farming
What do we do?
SEFA main function is to contribute to poverty alleviation and creating jobs by supporting the SMME’s and co-operatives. We want to provide small businesses throughout South Africa with simple access to finance in a sustainable and efficient manner. We want to do this by delivering wholesale and direct lending credit facilities and products. Helping SMME’s and co-operatives get much-needed credit guarantees. Finding support for the smaller businesses from the bigger and more established companies.
What Small Enterprise Finance Agency can offer you
SEFA partners with many different groups in order to grow sustainable development strategies.
This enables the agency to provide the needed business finance and business support to many businesses in different sectors.
SEFA gives asset loans solutions that are specifically suited to your business needs. We will help you finance a wide range of new or used moveable assets. What are the benefits of asset loans-you can acquire or lease equipment without touching your bank balance? Repayment terms- the maximum loan term is up to 60 months or for the economic life of the asset- whichever one comes first.
It's a short-term loan that SEFA offers to an enterprise to finance its working capital like stock or operating overheads. Bridging loans benefits-the benefit is that the loan allows you to meet short-term loan needs by providing instant cash flow. Repayment options - you have 12 months to repay your loan.
Small Enterprise Finance Agency Business loans
- Loan Type Business loans
- Loan Amount up to R5,000,000
- Repayment 1 year to 12 years
Benefits of Small Enterprise Finance Agency
- Bridging Loan
- Structured Finance Solutions
- Land Reform Empowerment Fund
- Credit Guarantee Scheme
- Land Reform Empowerment Fund
Business loans calculator
Get a straightforward business loan with SEFA
SEFA is known for its thorough online application process.
They have a lengthy process but that is to make sure that you follow each step carefully. After meeting all the requirements and sending all the necessary documents, they will get back to you.
The revolving loan
The person lending the money has to pay a commitment fee, then they are allowed to use the funds. Revolving loan benefits-it structured to the companies cash flow projections. Repayment options-structured to a fixed term of 12 months or on the duration of the contract
Term loans benefits
- A small business will use the cash from a term loan to buy fixed assets such as equipment.
- SEFA can then use those assets through a term loan as security for the loan
- Term repayments-repayment period for the term loan is 12 and 60 months.
What is needed for the application?
- You will need to have proof of ownership of the enterprise.
- You must have a certified copy of your I.D
- You must have a stamped bank statement
- You must also have at least 3 competing and comparable quotes, including delivery charges from different service providers.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
What I appreciated from SEFA is the commitment they have for us, their clients
— Johannesburg —
I could get exactly what I needed by using SEFA and the different loan solutions that they offered
— St Francis Bay —
Small Enterprise Finance Agency Contact Details
- 11 Byls Bridge Boulevard Doringkloof Centurion 0157 South Africa
- Get Directions
- Monday 08:00 – 17:00
- Tuesday 08:00 – 17:00
- Wednesday 08:00 – 17:00
- Thursday 08:00 – 17:00
- Friday 08:00 – 17:00
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed