About Friendly Finance
At Friendly Finance we specialize at guiding all South Africans to make better financial decisions.
We give you access to a wide range of common consumer finance products, such as personal loans, car loans, short-term loans, and credit cards. We are a helping hand in selecting consumer finance products.
We are a comparison site with a vision
At Friendly Finance we strive to become South Africa’s most trusted source of information on consumer finance. We aim to become your most valuable hub for finance knowledge, information, and news. For us to achieve our dreams we should focus on our core area of expertise only which is consumer finance. We aim to provide the most useful and informative information.
Friendly Finance, the leading finance comparison
At Friendly Finance we are the leading finance comparison site because of all the skills, knowledge and experience we have acquired over the years. we fully understand the importance of refreshing the information we have more frequently so that people can always get valid information whenever they are using our site.
What Friendly Finance can offer you
Personal loans are larger than short-term loans and they are usually paid back in monthly instalment for a longer period.
The personal loan repayment period varies. You receive a repayment period based on your monthly instalment and the money you owe. Your repayment period can be either 6 months - 12 years.
Types of personal loans:
- Unsecured personal loan- when you apply for unsecured loans, you are not required to have an asset that you will use as loan security. However, most unsecured loans have the highest interest rates to mitigate the risk of lending to the lender.
- Secured personal loans- when you apply for a secured loan, you are required to use an asset of the same value as your loan as security. When you fail to repay the loan, the asset will be taken and auctioned to cover the remaining costs. Secured loans have the most affordable interest rates.
Is it safe to repay your personal loan early
When you use Friendly Finance to apply for a personal loan you can borrow from R1,000 - R150,000. However, repaying a loan early is not ideal since some loan lenders might charge you a fee for doing so. But it is very important that you do not miss your monthly instalments.
Friendly Finance Personal loans
- Loan Type Personal loans
- Loan Amount up to R8,000
- Repayment 1 month to 12 months
Benefits of Friendly Finance
- Compare lenders and quotes
- Get cash instantly
- Apply for a loan in 2 minutes
Personal loans calculator
It is easy to apply for a loan through Friendly Finance. No paperwork
When you are a South African, it is easy to apply. Some lenders offer online applications, a telephone application, postal applications, and in-person applications.
When you apply online, you also attach the documents needed on your application while phone application requires you to send the documents to them. Required documents vary from lender to lender.
We have the experience
Friendly Finance has decades of financial services experience, we will never do any mistake of misleading you. We work directly with consumers which makes it easy for us to translate confusing jargon into simple, meaningful language that is easy to understand.
How does Friendly Finance work
- Step 1- When you need a loan, you visit our website and click the ‘Apply’ icon
- Step 2- our application form takes only 2 minutes to complete. You fill it in full and submit your application.
- Step 3- After submitting, we search our network of lenders.
- Step 4- it is decision time. You are matched with a lender and complete your loan.
Basic documents required when you apply for a loan
At Friendly Finance we only consider your application when the following documents are attached:
- A valid South African ID, provided you are over 18
- 90 days bank statement
- Information stating all your debts including, assets, savings, expenses, or other proof of your financial situation
- Proof of income
Getting hold of Friendly Finance
When you want us, you can go directly to our offices and we will assist you. But you can also call us only on workdays and most importantly during office hours. Furthermore, you can also visit our website more often to view all the services we have on offer.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
“ I needed a loan to extend my house and through using Friendly Finance I got an affordable loan
— PE —
I made use of Friendly Finance services and I am still in shock by the quick turnaround time
— North West —
Friendly Finance Contact Details
- not available
- not available
- Corner Wale Street and Burg Street 7th Floor, Mandela Rhodes Place Cape Town Western Cape 8000 South Africa
- Get Directions
- Monday 08:00 – 17:30
- Tuesday 08:00 – 17:30
- Wednesday 08:00 – 17:30
- Thursday 08:00 – 17:30
- Friday 08:00 – 17:30
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed