About Small Enterprise Finance Agency
The Small Enterprise Finance Agency specializes in providing financial products and services to qualifying SMMEs and Co-operatives.
According to the National Small Business Act of 1996 and amended in 2004, the Small Enterprise Finance Agency should provide products and services through a hybrid of wholesale and direct lending channels.
Sectors that work with the SEFA
- Services-retail & wholesale trades and tourism
- Manufacturing- Agro-processing
- Agriculture - land reform beneficiaries and contract-farming activities
- Construction- small construction contractors
- Mining - small scale miners
- Green industries- renewable energy, waste, and recycling management
What does SEFA do
Our main priority is to foster the establishment, development, and growth of SMMEs and Co-operatives while contributing to poverty alleviation, job creation, and economic growth. We provide SMMEs and Co-operatives nationwide while offering access to finance efficiently and sustainably, by:
- Deliver wholesale and direct lending credit facilities or products
- Providing MMEs and Co-operatives with credit guarantees.
- We support the institutional strengthening of financial intermediaries, so that they can effectively assist small and micro-enterprises and co-operatives.
- Creating strategic partnerships with several institutions for sustainable small, micro and co-operative enterprise development and support.
- We monitor the effectiveness and impact of our financing, credit guarantee, and capacity development activities.
- Using our partnership to develop innovative financial products, tools, and channels, to speed up increased market participation in the provision of affordable finance.
What Small Enterprise Finance Agency can offer you
SEFA only provides financial products and services to qualifying SMME's and Co-operatives. Draw up a business plan, take it to SEFA and start working, become your own boss.
With SEFA you can get from R500 up to R15-million through direct and wholesale lending. You can use the money to start your own business or expand the already existing business. All you need is a well-written business plan.
We provide access to finance small businesses in South Africa as well as assistance to build sustainable businesses, through repayable loans. SEFA can help you with any amount from R500 up to R5-million. The products we offer at SEFA are:
- Asset Finance
- Structured Finance Solutions
- Bridging Loan
- Term Loan
- Credit Guarantee Scheme
- Land Reform
- Empowerment Fund
At SEFA we offer accessible development finance
- Best service and expertise- we focus on financing the needs of SMMEs and Co-operatives. We provide the best service and expertise.
- Responsiveness, innovation, and creativity- the commitment we have in developing SMMEs & Cooperatives help us become innovative and creative.
- We offer Direct loans of R50 000 up to R5-million and all SMMEs and Co-operatives can have access to finance through regional offices, SEFA co-location offices as well as satellite offices throughout South Africa.
Small Enterprise Finance Agency Product Details
- Loan Type Short-term loans
- Interest Rate from 60%
- Loan Amount up to R4,000
- Repayment 7 days to 56 days
Improve your life through the Small Enterprise Finance Agency
We take baby steps with you, from starting your business up until it is up and running.
SEFA has several funding products available specifically to assist SMMEs and Cooperatives needing finance. When you apply for funding you will be taken through steps where your funding needs will be matched to SEFA’s financing instruments.
How does SEFA work
At SEFA we are in partnership with businesses it assists; creating partnerships is an important element of sustainable development strategy. It allows the agency to provide financial and business support to several small, medium, micro, and co-operative enterprises countrywide, whether to establish new enterprises or to grow existing ones.
SEFA can only be accessed by Small enterprises through any of its intermediary or partnership channels such as:
- Commercial banks
- Co-operative financial institutions
- Micro-finance intermediaries
- Structured Finance Solutions
- Retail financial intermediaries
- Strategic partnerships
At SEFA we are guided by values
We have values that were created to deepen institutional culture, assist in organizational cohesion, and support our purpose and aspiration. SEFA values are:
- At SEFA we act fast
- We have a passion for development, we are committed to serving. We are solution-driven.
- We always strive to deal with clients and stakeholders honestly and ethically.
- SEFA is transparent
- We constantly look for new and better ways to serve our clients.
Apply today for the amazing services
When you need SEFA’s help in your business, you can simply visit our website. However, before you begin, you will be asked to register to ensure that your information is validated and recorded. But if we fail to match your needs, you will be directed to other options that could potentially meet your requirements.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
I have a degree in Agricultural management, and I have been struggling to get a job. I approached SEFA and now I am currently my boss.
— Cape Town —
Getting a job is hard, and I have been looking for ways to help the unemployed youth in my village. SEFA helped me expand my business which made it possible for me to hire more people
— Eastern Cape —
Small Enterprise Finance Agency Contact Details
- 11 Byls Bridge Boulevard, Doringkloof Centurion Gauteng 0157 South Africa
- Get Directions
- Monday 08:00 – 17:00
- Tuesday 08:00 – 17:00
- Wednesday 08:00 – 17:00
- Thursday 08:00 – 17:00
- Friday 08:00 – 17:00
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed